Any questions about MyChat: installation, tuning, licensing etc.
Timber
I'm looking for the following solutions:

1) What is the following setting for exactly? What does it do?
- "Make a common contact list based on the domain structure (OU)"

2) Under User List, how do I clean up that user list without deleting active users? The list is extremely long.

The original issue was that private messages aren't being saved to history. When we go back to the private user chats, they are blank. We're thinking it's possible that the many, many users on the user list might be related as though they were set as guests instead of actual users. The first question relates to this as we're trying to figure out what that option is for. What it does specifically when checked.

Any information you can provide about any of this would be more than helpful.

Thank you!
Alona Kutsenko
Hello!

A common tree-like contact list will be created based on your company structure according to OU for quick access for your users https://nsoft-s.com/en/mcserverhelp/ind ... cslist.htm

2. You can delete unnecessary users by selecting them with a mouse or with Shift or Ctrl after sorting them as "Last connection". This method helps to see everyone who had never connected to MyChat Server.

Private messages are always stored in history on the server and client applications. If it's not working for you, perhaps you disabled some settings. To answer your question, we need additional information from you (video/screenshots), where exactly the issue is.

Please, stick to the rules: one question — one topic. Thank you.
Timber
Alona Kutsenko,

"Please, stick to the rules: one question — one topic. Thank you."

This is related to only 1 issue. In order to fix this issue for my customer, I need to know everything about the issue, not just one question's worth. There is simply no other way to resolve this problem. The alternative would be to completely drop mychat and look for another. If this is preferred, I can certainly direct my attention elsewhere. Your phone support couldn't assist much either and seemed to be very adamant about getting me to submit a post rather than assisting me over the phone.

X2

I'll respond with more information as I'm able to obtain it.
Timber
Good Afternoon,

I spoke with the customer once more and pulled screenshots of the issue.
- Customer can create private and normal chats
- History shows only normal chats but does not show any previous private chats.
- Holds private chat only as long as the user is logged in. After logging out and back in, private chats go away but normal chats remain.
- Checked settings as discussed but all appear to be correct.

See attached.

The customer is asking as to why the private chats do not save for up to a month.
Alona Kutsenko
The history saving is working and does not disappear. We can't understant your issue without screenshots, you did not attach them (see how to attach files).