Any questions about MyChat: installation, tuning, licensing etc.
acieaion
im not able to login with gmail through the server for the smtp setup
acieaion
yes ive tried the ssl which didnt work. i tried without the ssl enabled. and ive used both passwords that i have with my account. still havent been able to get it to work with either
Alona Kutsenko
It won't work without SSL, this is Google's policy. Please, try again by following the guide step by step.
Pay attention to the paragraph "What to do, if I have a two-step authentication?".
acieaion
okay i enable the ssl. i also used the password that was created for outside email clients and it still doesn't connect. i am using the 2 factor login
Alona Kutsenko
You must create a new application for email access without 2-step authentication.
These are Google requirements that we can't bypass.
Perhaps, you should use another SMPT that you have access to.
acieaion
sounds like a winner
acieaion
im going to have to find a mail server first
acieaion
yep got it to work
Alona Kutsenko
Have you found another SMTP or managed to set up the Gmail one?
acieaion
well what happened was i was copying an pasting passwords and the server wasnt saving it. so what i did was manually typed everything in and a box came up to save which didnt before and now everything works with the gmail 2 factor
Alona Kutsenko
That's great news!
Well, thank you for the feedback, we will think about how to simplify this process to avoid any inconveniences.
acieaion
all my other servers use tls for gmail so the ssl was a little confusing, also copying and pasting info doesnt help
Alona Kutsenko
Yes, we have found the issue with copying and pasting, and we will fix it.
Thank you again for the details!